Monday, July 4, 2011

Questions from Martin

Hi Peggy, Chief Spa Gypsy -

I'm hoping you can give me a pointer or two. We've been sponsoring a Nepali girl, Doma, for several years. She just passed her Grade 10 exams with the equivalent of High Honors and is now choosing a school for the next two years ("Plus 2") to prepare for university.

Doma wants to work in hotel management. She's not certain if she will want to make her life in Nepal or another country but she wants to get her degree here in the US. That will give her the most and best options.

There are three Plus 2 curricula; science, management and liberal arts. She wants to study management. I'm concerned that may not be acceptable to a US college. I think science would be better. But I really don't know.

Can you tell me any colleges that may be good ones for Doma to study Hotel Management? I want to contact some to learn what it would take for Doma to get accepted, and get a Student Visa.

It would be great if a top notch college would give her a scholarship. Otherwise it will have to be a less costly one because we will need to pay her fees etc.

Thanks for any pointers you can give.

Best

-- Martin

1 comment:

  1. Hi Martin,
    Hope you and your family are well. There are quite a few great hospitality schools. She can major in business management within a hospitality school or visa versa. The top ranked schools are:
    1. Cornell
    2. UNLV
    3. NYC Tisch School of Hospitality
    4. Northwestern or something in the Chicago/Milwaukee area
    5. College of Charleston (that is where my Andy goes).

    Let me know if you need anything else and I hope others will reply with their thoughts on this blog for more answers.

    ReplyDelete